Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Character Design Assignment Two: Samurai Jack


My second character design assignment! I had to choose a feature film or a TV series that is really more graphic and inspired by the UPA (United Production of America) or as other people say, in a  "Cut out" style. Incredible artists such as Genndy Tartakovsky, Lauren Faust, Craig McCracken and Kevin Dart are known today for there animations in that kind of style. So I've chosen Samurai Jack one of the craziest TV show I've watched when I was a child. It was so incredibly good and it still is! I wish to work in a series that epic one day! 

So here is the final design. While searching for ideas of character, I thought what if Samurai Jack was a girl with a rebel personality just  like  Mulan or Merida? Below are some researches to find the right face and the whole model stuff.






As always designing that girl was really fun and to finish here are some sketches I've done to get into the style.



Have a nice day guys!
-Franco-

12 comments:

  1. These are awesome! :O You're so talented!!! Keep up the incredible work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Great job in keeping with the style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work. I wonder what her Scotsman would looklike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a blast!

    One of my favorite shows, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Really really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're lucky. In my country there aren´t animation studios. Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs; I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed.
    Gutters Baton Rouge area
    Thanks for sharing. , I will visit once more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,
    I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.

    ReplyDelete